I am so glad you decided to drop by. My name is Kylene Bak and I am the mom that was inspired to start this group after meeting some other international moms here in Aalborg. Hope we can meet up soon.
RSS

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A work of God




at our teen service this past sunday my heart was overwhelmed by the moving of the holy spirit in my heart. as i sat in the back where students can come to be prayed for but i could not hold back the tears. gazing over the crowd seeing students praising God with everything they had was so encouraging especially after hearing the testimony of a guy that God has truly done and is doing a work in his life. when i first came he was one of the guys who grew up in the church but never wanted to be too christian. but this past summer something changed God really asked him what he was doing about the faith he was proclaiming he had. he is one of those guys who puts on a tough mask but is really thinking through a lot more then he lets on sometimes. this past january he started for the first time to read through the bible which caught me really by surprise. but he has been meeting with kristian and another guy weekly to talk through what they have been reading. sitting in the back of the sanctuary that night i was just overwhelmed with joy as well as shame because sometimes it seems like we dont see any change and i know it shouldnt matter but frankly sometimes it is discouraging. but God by His Spirit ever lovingly humbled me and showed me how wrong i have been and how much He is working even if it is in ways i cannot see. my heart grieved for my lack of faith but it was as if God was saying "stay faithful kylene, keep trusting me, keep waking up every morning and depend on me this is not too big for me". earlier that day another women approached me too sharing her concern for her daughter who seems so hard and prideful that she cant seem to reach her. she came to me asking for advice cause her daughter and i have been getting together on a weekly basis. she too needs to come to a place where she can let her guard down put down the mask and really show her heart. please pray for wisdom for me as we talk together that God would melt her. God is definitely wanting to do something here with her she is such a beautiful, extremely creative and talented young women. but her hard shell makes it difficult for people to see that. i know that i can only trust in God to know what to say and how and when to say things to challenge here thinking. but please pray about this i cant do it on my own. and pray that the enemy would be far from this situation and that i could effectively convey the message of abundant life to her precious heart.

No comments: