I am so glad you decided to drop by. My name is Kylene Bak and I am the mom that was inspired to start this group after meeting some other international moms here in Aalborg. Hope we can meet up soon.
RSS

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A mother's heart

I just got done reading a piece by a friend of our family who lost their 20 something son last year. As I read the words of the broken and hurt mother pouring over where the Lord has brought their lives since then i am compelled to write. I cannot help but respond with tears as this evokes new feelings in my mother's heart. I look down at my 7 month old Lily as she plays on our blue carpet her dad just bought playing with her toys. She is just at the beginning of her little life with so many dreams we have for her to love Jesus with all her heart,soul, and mind. For her to have a full life. But we never know how much time we have or how many days God has promised to give to us. Sometimes I get so caught up in getting chores done or doing other things that I forget to cherish every moment God gives us with our little girl. For none of us knows what tomorrow may bring. There is so much depth to a mother's heart that I am just learning about and experiencing. It is amazing how children can create such great joy and such great sorrow. And how it must be with God our Father and the joy and sorrow we can cause Him at times too. Oh how I think this journey of being a mom will teach me so many new aspects of God's incredible character and draw me closer to Himself. My heart goes out to this mother's broken heart Lord continue to pour your strength over this family. And thank you for these eternal reality checks on what really matters in light of eternity. Help Kristian and I to daily speak the gospel over our little Lily and live it our before her in our relationship with each other.

No comments: