I am so glad you decided to drop by. My name is Kylene Bak and I am the mom that was inspired to start this group after meeting some other international moms here in Aalborg. Hope we can meet up soon.
RSS

Monday, January 29, 2007

January the Month of Gettin in the Groove

anuary is an interesting month for most people its the start of new resolutions, the end of holiday gatherings which can be a let down for some, and getting back into the groove of everyday life after a month of special celebrations and lots to do. That's why I call January the Get in the Groove month. After being in the States with my crazy but fun family and friends it's taken awhile to adjust back to life in little Denmark from the big USA. Kristian and I had the worst jet lag this past trip. For the first time I could actually watch a movie before 10:30pm and NOT fall asleep. My friend Lina was glad estatic about that. But it was wonderful being with my family that's why its so hard to say goodbye. Like C.S. Lewis says, In order to enjoy the happiness of love you have to endure the saddness as well. Its so true. (CHECK OUT PICTURES FROM CHRISTMAS HERE:
http://www.ringo.com/profile/kylene78.html)
Most of these were taken with our new digital camera!
We were able to share what God has been doing in our ministry and share video from our wedding.This gave my family and friends a chance to be a part of our story.

Getting in the groove has been a month long process of depending on God. It was tough coming back this time but praise God for His Strenght and the loving embrace of my husband! The day we came back i went to the church to see everyone and was overwhelmed with their warm welcomes. We had worhisp rehearsal that night as well and let me tell you it was exactly where I needed to be! Even though my heart was hurting going to the place where I know God has placed me brought joy to my heart. Worshipping with song that night was EXACTLY what i needed. Singing praise to God because His goodness NEVER changes no matter how I feel. There IS definitely power in praise!
We praise God for what He IS doing here and now so can you:
I praise God for the way He answered some specific requests for the girls in my small group. For Hannah who had a calm, conflict free Christmas with her family and Mialinn she was able to spend New Years with Mette. Mialinn is mettes big sister in the mentor program we began in the fall. I know that meant a lot to Mette who needed a friend that night. Before Christmas a group of girls were able to visit 12 homes of some elderly folks that are unable to come to church. Their tears of joy and thankfulness that we came still warms my heart. I praise God for the girls desire to learn about what is means to be a leader and wanted to study 1 Tim. Its been a huge blessing and challenge to me as well. The last praise I want to share is for Morton who has decided to read through the Bible this year and meet with Kristian and another guy to talk about what they read. This is a huge step of growth for him. All Praise to Our God! He is moving and active all the time but am I seeing it. Are you?
PRAYER NEEDS:
* Filing for a Visa renewal- we have decided to stay until June 2008 when my position here will end.
*COLLISION - Feb. 21-24 this is a winter camp for the students in Northern Denmark. Pray we find a woship band and that the students coming will really desire to put God at the center of their lives that changes their everyday life.
*for Kristian as he continues to search for a job
*for me as I teach 1 Tim. that i would discern and teach God's Word accurately. and that i would keep seeing how to encourage and spur on the girls to grow

For more frequent updates please check out the following sites:
padutchgirl.blogspot.com or facebook.com ( a great way to stay current with long lost friends)

No comments: